Overdrive Speedometers

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Overdrive Speedometers
From: "Tim Stiffy" <tstiffy@pulsenet.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 14:37:27 -0800
Hi List,
Last fall I finally installed of my overdrive in my S1 (B9009694). To complete
the project, I need to replace the speedometer with one calibrated for an
overdrive. My SI has the standard 3.88:1 rear end. The transmission I
installed is a SV. My question to all is, what S/N speedo do I need. Do I need
a speedo for a SI or SV?

Here is what the parts book lists for overdrive speedometers in MPH:
S/N 6117/02 - Up to B9105974
S/N 6117/11 - From B9105975 up to Series 3
S/N 5324/18 - Series 3
S/N 5324/23 - Series 4
No listing for Series 5

Will it make a difference with my S1 being positive ground?
Sunbeam Specialties list different speedometer cables for SI thru SIV, SV
(non-overdrive), and SV (with overdrive). Do I need to change the cable also?

Can anyone help? As always, I'm appreciative to all replies.

Tim
Bentleyville, PA