Re: Looking for right hand drive Sunbeam Alpines in the US

To: milano164@attbi.com, tigers@autox.team.net, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Looking for right hand drive Sunbeam Alpines in the US
From: JACranwell@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 05:43:31 EDT
Steve,

Could one enquire as to why?

I'm curious, because I drive a left-hand drive car here in the UK. This is
simply because I bought the car while living in Belgium some 32 years back,
and prefer to keep it original. Plus which I learned to drive sitting on the
left side of the car, and feel more comfortable there.

It does occasionally get confusing, as we have two left-handers, and two
right-handers in the fleet.

It also causes an occasional double-take from pedestrians, when I drive by
with my golden retriever sitting in what they assume to be the driver's seat,
paws on the dash looking for all the world like he's in charge.

Julian.