Re: gettin' warm

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: gettin' warm
From: RootesRooter@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 22:42:34 EDT
A bunch of "hot rod heads" at a quickie lube place suggested a "120 to 130
degree thermostat?"  Run the other way from these guys - and check your oil.

Do: find a replacement oil cooler (or probably just replace the lines), and
hook it back up. It might not show up on the temp gauge, but your engine will
thank you for it.  At the very least, install an Arrow Range aluminum oil pan.

How hot is "a bit warm"?  Even a well-cooled Alpine can run above the 85c
mark in hot weather.

Most Alpine owners who remove the stock fan and install a single electric fan
report that the electric fan rarely comes on except in heavy stop and go
traffic. Does your fan run all the time?

Have you run another radiator pressure test to make sure the new head gasket
held?

Finally, are you sure the gauge is accurate?   Borrow a replacement and
compare.