tech Tip

To: "Alpine, Message" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: tech Tip
From: "Thomas Wiencek" <wiencek@anl.gov>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 16:49:51 -0600
Strapped for spare parts Space?  Try under the dash!

Recently my wife and I drove cross-country in our A and space
disappeared really quickly.  I have kept a spare generator under the
right side of the dash for awhile.  So the idea grew.  Zip lock bags,
zip ties, and some glad ware containers were it!!!  Here is the list:
generator,  distributor with points and condenser, ignition coil, water
pump, fuel pump, distributor cap & wire set, plugs (4), points and
condenser, brake hose, front and rear wheel cylinder kits (2 each), tie
rod ends (over the top), flasher box, voltage regulator, relay box,
throttle cable, 2 speakers, AM/FM/CD player

That left the boot open for tool roll, small tool box, and tire stuff.
We decided to leave the spare home and brought a tube and tools instead.
That was our biggest space gain by itself.  Also all those tote bags
from exotic places (read other GT's) really make great luggage as they
are stuffable and clean up well.

Another good source of space is under the bonnet.  2-3 quarts of oil can
be stored under the right fender near the firewall and a zip lock bag of
small goodies can slip in under the left fender next to the wind screen
wiper motor.

Of course since we had all of these items, we didn't need one of them,
but we were prepared