Webers and Harringtons

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Webers and Harringtons
From: "Steven Graham" <sjgraham@bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:35:41 +1000
Hi all,

Its been a while however I have decided that a set of 40DCOE Webers is the
only way I want to go with my series V after many hours and utter dislike of
the CD150 strombergs. My problem is that I have a manifold and good Webers
thanks to a supplier however he was not able to suggest clearence to the inner
guards except to suggest "small ram tubes"

I have a set of small ram tubes with approved socks and have no problem with
clearence with the rear carb and the front barrel of the front carb. The rear
barrel of the front carb is very close to the inner guard support brcket that
runs up from the chassis rail to the upper guard and has the strut from it to
the firewall attached.

What is the solution? the only way of fitting any air filter to the second
barrel is to cut away the support to accomodate the Ram tube and filter, I
assume additional support could be welded on the outer side of the inner
guard? Any answers from Harington owners or other Sunbeamers with Webers
fiited would be very appreciated.

Steven Graham