Re: Peugeot and Sunbeam

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Peugeot and Sunbeam
From: Russ Maddock <sunbeammadd@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 05:55:29 +1000 (EST)
Yes Peugeot still operate the ex-Rootes plants at
Stoke and Ryton in Coventry. They've built many
different models in the UK since the mid-80s when the
last Rootes marque, Talbot, was put to rest.

Rootes Motors was simply renamed as Peugeot UK and has
continued since.

My daily driver is one of the warmer Rootes-Peugeot
206 models.

Rootes is the sole source of the hottest 206 model,
known as the 206 GTi 180 or 206 RC depending on where
you live in the world. Rootes is also the only source
of the 206 estate/station wagon.

Although they don't use the Sunbeam, Alpine or Tiger
names at present, they do use Rapier as a trim
designation in some markets (eg. Peugeot 307 Rapier).

Russ