Re: Wire Wheels anyone?

To: Fritzwich117@cs.com, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wire Wheels anyone?
From: RootesRooter@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 23:45:58 EDT
fritzwich117@cs.com writes:

<< Derek White wrote to the Tiger List about getting castings, forging and
 machining done in India for just about any car.  I'm curious as to the
 thread that's gone around a few times about creating 1725 exhaust headers.
 Maybe the plans for the SS 1725 headers could be sent to Derek for a "short
 run" of a few hunderd units for those Alpine folks who are interested.
 However, we all would need to know that the headers will fit and that they
 won't disintegrate after reaching operating temperature.  If the work can be
 done and the quality is good, I would buy 2.  All I need is someone to come
 up with the specs for the headers and another 198 interested Alpine owners.
 Richard Fritz
 63 Alpine III
 66 Alpine V >>

I believe there's a well-known (tho I can't think of the name offhand!)
company in the South that sells a nice stainless header for the Series V.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: