RE: Alpine oil filters

To: "'Englehart, Richard'" <Richard.Englehart@eh.doe.gov>
Subject: RE: Alpine oil filters
From: "Joe McConlogue" <Balto.Alp@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 10:46:02 -0400
Alpine oil filtersThanks Dick,

I'll look it up.  We had a pretty good drive back taking a scenic tour
through eastern Ohio before going through the mountains in WV again. We
stopped for dinner in Hancock MD at a restaurant w/ NO BEER, and got back on
the road at about 7 PM.  We didn't get 200 yards before I heard a crack and
rattle in the engine indicative (I think) of a broken rod or equally serious
internal injury.  My cell phone battery was dead, so we hooked it up to a
laptop to charge while I hiked off to find a pay phone.  While waiting for
AAA, I found some semi-warm beer in the boot and Kerch continued reading her
novel in the comfort of the Alpine.  I pulled the valve cover and rotated
the engine by hand, seeing and hearing nothing unusual.... I took that for a
good sign for now.  We arrived home at about 11 PM in a tandem flat bed
Jerr-Dan. Fortunately the neighbors were asleep and no one saw the ignominy
of arriving home that way.

I'm hoping to get to pull the pan today to see what damage I have done and
to figure out my next steps.  There's more to the story with a family with 4
cars forced to go rent a fifth to stay mobile, but I won't bore you with
that now..