Re: Sunbeam and Minx's

To: Wesley Moore <Wesley@linearbearings.com.au>, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sunbeam and Minx's
From: "jarrid_gross@earthlink.net" <jarrid_gross@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 20:56:28 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Wes,

The engine is of the same family, but not what you would probably want to put
in an alpine.
It uses a cast iron head, and many internals are specific to the iron head, and
absolutely not interchangable with
the alloy head engine.

The gear box should be interchangable, but might not be the best ratios for an
alpine.

The rear end should be the same, but once again probably not the best ratio
(4.22 vs 3.89) for an alpine.

The front suspension is similar but not the same, the rear brakes would be
fine, the fronts are a different manufacturer.

Jarrid Gross
SII 1725 EFI