Re: Alpine Update (oil pan)

To: rootes_vancouver@telus.net, Richard_Cox@shaw.ca, milesfamily@telus.net,
Subject: Re: Alpine Update (oil pan)
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:40:10 EDT
Ohan,
       That is typical in every steel pan 1725, probably caused by the way
these pans were originally welded.  My guess is the baffle oscillates and the
steel eventually fails.  I have seen dozens of them either cracked or snapped
away.  Whenever I disassemble a customer's 1725, I "predict" that damage ahead
of time and amaze them!

       Clean it well and have your local welder zap it back where it belongs.
 He should add additional welds to support the entire baffle.  Works for me!

Jim Leach    Pacific Tiger Club     Seattle

Check out the new British Cars Forum: