Axle Issues

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Axle Issues
From: Eric <ejmwdesign@covad.net>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 20:41:58 -0700
So this is what I'm going to try to do:

Pull the hub and brake plate from the rear axle and replace the
gaskets/seals.

I spoke to Rick at SS and as I will eventually be rebuilding the rear
end and re-gearing ( it has a pretty annoying whine)
and the bearing seems fine (quiet and smooth) we both agreed that
replacing the seals would be fine for now.

Part of the decision also had to do with the fact that i wouldn't have
to remove the axle to do the seal.

Now all I have to do is find a place to beg borrow or steal a
sufficiently beafy hub puller to do the job.

Any ideas in the LA area?

By the way, does anyone have a suggestion for sealant for the new seals?

Thanks again for all your suggestions.

Hope to see you all on the socalTT  ( www.socaltt.com)

Eric
'62 serII