Tonneau cover suggestions

To: <DJoh797014@aol.com>, <PhastPhill@aol.com>, <rande@thecia.net>,
Subject: Tonneau cover suggestions
From: "MSN" <w_pierzga@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 10:28:33 -0400
Hi:

To facilitate locating the dash pad holes I suggest you use a very small
drill and drill completely through the lower dash sheet metal. That way once
the dash pad is glued in place you can poke a pin thru the bottom from under
the dash. Much easier than poking a zillion holes in the dash pad while
trying to find the elusive hole in the metal dash.

Also, I suggest replacing the cardboard strip under the front of the dash
pad (above the wooden dash) with a piece of plastic. I used some gray
plastic obtained from a sign shop. The plastic is firm but not brittle and
can be cut with scissors. It is about 1/16 inch thick. Paint is satin black
rather than cover it with material. Works like a champ and never warps with
humidity.

Wayne

Check out the new British Cars Forum: