Alpine roller rockers

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Alpine roller rockers
From: "jarrid_gross@earthlink.net" <jarrid_gross@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 09:25:45 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Piners,

As a part of my normal continuous improvement mentality, I have set forth to
have some
roller rockers made to fit the sunbeam alpine (any year as long as its the
alloy head).

I discovered a guy in the U.K. that makes roller rockers for other orphan LBCs
and began the dialog.
Since the guy is in the UK, I enlisted the assistance of Mike Broome, who sent
off some alpine bits for
evaluation.

The project is about ready to start, it looks very likely that production will
be soon, and we are looking
for a head count, so we can figure exact costs.

I figured most of us "piners" were using the SAOCA website nowdays, but I am
sure not all of us are.
The porject was started with a thread posted to the SAOCA website.

http://www.saoca.org/sforum/viewtopic.php?TopicID=4590

The info there should answer most of your questions, if not feel free to post
there, or even myself.

Cost is looking in the $300 bracket for the set, perhaps less if everybody
jumps in.
This is a not-for-profit deal, likely each will engage the manufacturer
directly as I have no interest in bankrolling
such a project (eh Ramon?).

Any more takers?

Jarrid Gross
SII 1725 EFI