Re: Early Series dash color

To: Andy Walker <awtiger@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Early Series dash color
From: Ron Tebo <mrtebo@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 05:26:24 -0600
Andy:

I have an early series I, but the dash has also been painted black, and
the original color is only visble where the paint is chipped, so I can't
help you. However, I know this has been discussed before, and in
checking my archives, I know that Ian Spenser was researching this about
5 years ago.  If you get in touch with him, (or Jan) I think he will be
able to steer you to the right color.

Ron Tebo - Series I - B9000627

Andy Walker wrote:

>Oops...I forgot to ask this one:
>
>Does anyone know what shade of silver or gray is supposed to be on the
>instrument panel of a Series I Alpine?  My Series I vintage racer has had it's
>instrument panel painted black and I'm wanting to return it to it's original
>color.  I've never seen an original gray dash in person, only in pictures.
>Can anyone help me out?
>
>Thanks again,
>Andy Walker
>Edmond, OK