Re: Ignition Warning Light

To: "Russ Eshelman" <RussE@firstva.com>,
Subject: Re: Ignition Warning Light
From: "Philip \"Commodore Blues\" Hulse" <phulse@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 20:49:05 -0700
Russ,

You do not say what alternator was used to replace the original.  Most
replacements today have the regulator in the alternator not external as in
the original.  OK, if this is the case it is usually referred to a one wire.
This is a misnomer there are two wires one is a heavy charging wire and the
other go to the ignition light.  This provides starting current for the
alternator and when the output equals the voltage to the other side of the
lamp they balance and the light goes out.

Phil

Sent: Saturday, October 22, 2005 4:21 PM
Subject: Ignition Warning Light