2005 in Review, Plans for 2006

To: LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: 2005 in Review, Plans for 2006
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 12:03:39 -0800
First, let me say Happy New Year to one and all! May this new year be
far better than the last one! So what did I get done this past year? And
what is is store for this new one?

2005
The World's Fastest Sunbeam Wannabe was in parts at the beginning of
this year. Mostly the basic frame and body were together but that was
all. So I ordered parts and assembled the car. From scratch. It was a
crap shoot as to whether or not the Mass Air Flow meter system I cobbled
together would even work, but so far has done ok. Took the car to EM for
preliminary inspection and was generally surpreised at the moinor things
to be done. Those were fixed. MAde a new windscreen for he car. Bought
and installed a wideband O2. Got the laptop for tuning. Everything is
working. Helped Gary do the assembly work on his car. Lots of doo dads
were made. His car now runs well (better than mine!). Went to Texas to
get my new trailer. Found out that it takes a lot to pull it. Finsihed
the kids explorer, now runs well also. Bought triple gauge set for the
Powerstroke. Bought an 85 hp chip (Banks Big Hoss) for the powerstroke.
Cleaned out the shop (well a little bit). Installed a   boat load of
sprinklers for the lawn surrounding the rose garden. Roughly put down
the flagstone path way and fountain between the house and shop. Bought
some graphics for the trailer. Sent MArk money for Autox list.

2006
Sign up for BNI and USFRA for salt racing. Go to all three salt events.
Purchase 4 inch SS exhaust system for the Powerstroke. Purchase Banks
TransCOmmander and new turbo impellor for the Power stroke. Purchase 50+
gallon auxiliary tank for the powerstroke (in bed type). Install all of
the above plus the chip and A pillar gage pod. Finish the tonneau for
the race car. Put the Tiger back on the road for Sunday driving. Put
trailer graphics on. Buy a new helmet and put same graphic as on trailer
on back of it. Take car to chasiis dyno. Get some 55 lb injectors
(maybe). Find some wheels for the back of the car (skinnier). Get some
Goodyear Bonneville tires for the car (Like Ed's).  Lay 1000 sq feet of
sod. Finish flagstone walkway and fountain (solar). Add curbing to rose
garden lawn. Put tree rings around all trees and shrubs. Put down 100
plus yards of Pahrump native stone in back yard. Get my diabetes back
under control. Lose 80 pounds, 60 before August  Renew lots of old
friendships. Get Dave his ale at B'ville. Get Dan W. his cold beer also
at same time. Send Charles a case of something for his help on
PowerStroke list.

Is that enough? Yeah, I'll fill in with the other million honey do's
being cooked up as we speak. But the most important activity is having fun!
'
Ya'll have a good day, ya herar?

mayf, the ignorant rednecked desert rat in pahrump