[Fwd: Bonneville or Bust --- Post Mortem]

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: [Fwd: Bonneville or Bust --- Post Mortem]
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 19:28:43 -0700
I broke the character limit so here tiz again...

Folks, I just rolled in from Bonneville and want to share a quick note
with everyone

For the Tiger and Alpine Lists
Well, a lot of fun, but there were issues with the car.   My first run
down the salt was quite exhilarating and I had to stick to a specific
speed. I made 144 mph with zero handling problems. The car did drift a
bit but the cross winds were blowing. I had a National Geographic camera
strapped to the car to take video of me on my maiden run. I alspo had
them here at the house to watch me load up, and to drive off. And
several interviews on the salt. ANd a camera on the car on its final
run. I only made three runs. The last two I had problems, yep, transmission
problems
and some possible over rev at one time. Tranny
was berserk and the tach was everywhere, so I shut down on those runs.
Pulled th echute on the second run toe xperience that and that went well
and no parts fell off. I did manage to get My "D" license but had hoped
to get the "B" as well. Because of the tranny  issues, I WILL NOT be
going to World of Speed In September or World FInals in October. I also
had some fix it for next year issues in tech that I need to get to also.
And it will take me a month of sundays to get all the salt off of
everything!  MAny thanks for all the support on the lists! I really
appreciate it! I also must have talked to a million people (well, maybe
50 or so) about the SUnbeam because it was a SUnbeam. Most everyone who
  me down had owned one some time in their lives and were really
pleased to see one running on the salt. Still Sir Henry Segrave can
sleep well for another year but then I will be back after that speed of his!

I will take some more time alter in the week to catch up a bit more.
Right now I am farkled  and need to getr some supper.

Thanks for the memories and for the great support everyone gave me!

mayf