Tachometer Help

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Tachometer Help
From: "Jan Eyerman" <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 11:10:08 -0400
I have just gotten a NIB '69 Alpine GT (fastback) tachometer.  It appears to
be an inductance type but the wiring is somewhat different from the Alpine V.
There are three connectors on the back of the instrument... one is a Lucar
push on connector which I believe is the power hookup, but then there are two
tubular connectors (very unique and different for a Lucas wiring).  One is
male and one is female.  I am assuming that one of these goes to the ignition
switch and the other to the distributor... but which is which?  Neither are
marked with anything.  Thanks!!

Jan Eyerman
1962 Hillman Minx Series IIIC (currently running an Alpine V semi-functional
tachometer)