Re: Weber Intake

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weber Intake
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 16:02:37 -0700
Rocco writes:
> Hello
>  Can anyone tell me where i can get a twin weber DCOE intake
> for my a Series II alpine?
>  I have seen the English ones for Right Drive cars but they need to be
>  altered for left hand drive, any help would be appreciated

I'm not sure what you mean by a LHD/RHD version.  There are problems and
solutions for getting Webers to fit: (1) the master cylinder needs to be
replaced with a shorter one and and the spacer removed and the plunger
shortened (or some other creative solution), (2) the side brace needs to
be moved or eliminated, (3) the back, inside bolt on the top of the
steering box needs to be replaced with a counter sunk screw, and (4) the
air filters need to be mounted higher up to clear the steering box.

But, I don't recall there was a different intake manifold that eliminated
any or all of those problems.  Either that, or I made a RHD manifold work
with ah LHD car!

Jay
Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in and transmitted with this
communication is strictly confidential, is intended only for the use of the
intended recipient, and is the property of Countrywide Financial Corporation or
its affiliates and subsidiaries. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any use of the information contained in or transmitted
with the communication or dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited by law. If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately return this communication to the
sender and delete the original message and any copy of it in your possession.