[Alpines] Overdrive length

To: "'TIM AND BETH STIFFY'" <tbstiffy@bentcom.net>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Alpines] Overdrive length
From: Łauri <lehtinen.lauri@kolumbus.fi>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 10:38:26 +0300
Hi folks,
I have asked this a couple of times and got even an answer, but I ask f
there is something I can't take into my calculations. So is gearbox with
overdrive 80 mm ( or 76.2 mm, 3") longer than box without OD?

I give soon orders to cut or make a new propeller shaft so I want to be
sure for proper dimensions.
New box is from later Humber, so I take bellhousing and primary shaft
from my old box (from a Superminx of late 60's).

Thank you, and in case you know how to build or find a relay for
overdrive I read all possible solutions you have heard of. There should
be OD:s from Ford Transits and Volvos, but I have not found them yet.

Lauri Lehtinen
journalist, engineer
mobile: +358 (0) 400 851988