autox-cm

Re: What year pinto is my engine from?

To: Charlie Mathews <cmathews@theramp.net>, C mod
Subject: Re: What year pinto is my engine from?
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 06:03:16 -0400
At 10:07 PM 4/18/01 -0500, Charlie Mathews wrote:
>I'm looking for gasket from the local store.  Does anyone know what year
>Pinto matches our engines?

The earliest years I believe. Basically, the 1600 cc (96 or so cid) Pinto
or Capri or maybe even Mercury Bobcat if any of them had the 1600. They
might even have listings for Cortina GT's.

Watch out for which gaskets the rules require to be "official Ford" parts.
My recollection (unless the latest rule changes relaxed this) is head
gasket, intake gasket, and carb spacer must be Ford parts.

If you are looking for the valve cover gasket, somebody makes a very nice
reusable one to replace the cork type.

Happy hunting.

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85