autox-cm

Re: Fuel question

To: Eric Jones <edj@austin.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel question
From: rasmussend@mindspring.com
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 15:26:57 -0400
Eric Jones <edj@austin.ibm.com> wrote:
> A survey of sorts.
On the FF Underground, some people have mentioned that straight
premium unleaded gasoline will/might damage the foam in a fuel cell.
Does anybody here have any reliable verification of this? Any idea
whether it is true or just a ploy to have us spend big buck$ on
race fuel?

I've been using 100 octane leaded race gas and would like to cut
it with some 93 pump gas. Would anybody else like to share their
fuel secrets? :)

eric

Eric,

I have run only straight pump unleaded premium gasoline since 1992 in the cell
of my 85 Van Diemen. No problems yet with either the cell foam or the engine
valves. Car is a little slow but that is the driver as much as the gas:-) I try
to stay away from any pump gas with alcohol. I will check the links Peter
provided.

Dick

///
///  autox-cm@autox.team.net mailing list