autox-cm

Trailer Ramps

To: CM List <autox-cm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trailer Ramps
From: Jim and Rose Ann Garry <garryj@mail.localnet.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 11:34:58 -0500
   This regards my trailer.  I use wooden ramps as extenders from the
ramp door.  Right now, when the trailer is loaded, we just toss the
ramps under the race car and close the door.  I'd like to permanently
affix the ramps to the end of the ramp door via a hinge.  This way, when
the ramp door is closed, the wooden entensions will fold against the
door and not slide around the trailer floor.  So far, all I can come up
with are heavy duty gate hinges.  None of the trailer specialty
businesses I've contacted or visited on-line have anything that would
work.
   Any tips will be appreciated.  By the way, expensive aluminum ramps
are out of the question for now.
  Thanks,
Jim Garry

///