autox-cm

Re: The perfect harnesses?

To: autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The perfect harnesses?
From: tyson@irobot.com
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 15:53:03 -0400
Mark Sirota wrote:
> Welcome, Ty!
>
> Yeah, this list has been pretty dead lately.  I'll bring up a couple of
> topics for discussion...
>
> I decided it was finally time to devote a little effort to replacing the
> old harnesses we've been using.  They were a TRW Sabelt dating from late
> 1994.  The webbing is in rough shape, and they're tough to adjust.
>
> I had thought about it several times over the last couple of years, but I
> was unable to find harnesses that I like.  I prefer the ones with a T-bar
> mount for the subs, and ideally, the camlock buckle should be permanently
> mounted to the subs rather than to one of the laps or shoulders.  They also
> need to have a good range of adjustment on the lap belts (I need 'em pretty
> short) and the pull-up adjusters need to be easy to use due to cramped
> space.

I did a web search and found some pictures of the Profi III-6.  What
about the adjusters makes them easy?

...this is a big issue for Stacey and I as she sits MUCH closer to the
wheel than I do (short arms, short legs) and so we are constantly
adjusting the belts and would love to find something better.

Ty

--
Tyson D Sawyer                             iRobot Corporation
Senior Systems Engineer                    Military Systems Division