Re: Integra Type R's, reply

To: Smokerbros@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Integra Type R's, reply
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 01:01:10 EST
In a message dated 2/5/99 9:53:58 PM Central Standard Time, Smokerbros@aol.com
writes:

> Why is it dead?  The cars could be removed from Stock for 2000.  It's a
valid
>  subject.  Just hit "Delete" Mark...
>
>  I forgot that if Mark Sipe disagrees with it, it's "whining" and if he
doesn'
>  like the subject, it's automatically "beating a dead h

No, I just totally disagree with your viewpoint.  There are perhaps 50 serious
GS competitors compared to 1300+ Type R's.  The dealers can barely give Type
R's away, which is why production is being stopped.  Anyone in GS that wants a
Type R can get one, but not everybody in GS wants one or can even afford a new
GS vehicle of any make.  It may not be available at the Integra dealer around
the corner, but they are available.  Type R production clearly met the wording
of the prologs for Sect 13 and Appendix A of the rules.  There's no valid
basis for a low production argument.

The facts are clear.  All too often people try to twist the facts around for
their own self interest.  If you don't believe you have the car to win then go
get it.  If that's not within your means then do your best with what you have
and be proud of what you can accomplish.  I stand by my selection of the word
"whining"; there's too many whining excuse makers in this sport.

M Sipe