D/E mod

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: D/E mod
From: Matthew Wilder <mwilder@top.monad.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 13:13:57 -0500
Part of the problem with these mod classes at least on the regional
level is they seem to be an everything else class. When I first started
Autox two years ago with my Fiat 124 I had wheels which put me in CSP
and some engine work which should have put me in DM. The class deciders
let me use it in CSP with street tires where I'm at least in the
neiborhood rather than DM where 2400 pounds and 120 hp would turn away
any beginer, I expext.
 After buying a Lotus 7 I was leading the NER points in DM last year
until not having a baffled oil pan proved a bad idea half way thru the
season.  Yes I had some competition but that was with half my
compression gone, two round cam lobes and shot crank bearings.
 My point? I'm not a great driver, yet:-) But many of the cars I see in
DM are not idealy suited to the class, not like the 7 or even the Elan.
My Fiat, were I to change the wheels to prepared legal size might have
more of a shot there than in DM. I would say if you have an addiction to
a certain car than prepare it to the class that best fits it.

Matt