Re: When's it gonna get warm?

To: Eric Linnhoff <eric10mm@qni.com>
Subject: Re: When's it gonna get warm?
From: Rick Brown <rikracer@cwix.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 10:05:28 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Linnhoff <eric10mm@qni.com>

>>Sure they can.  It's called "All cars prior to 1974 are exempt from
>>testing."  And the CARB doesn't seem to be stressing the drag race crowd
>out
>>there -- I see plenty of pictures of blown, nitrous-enhanced West Coast
>cars
>>on the newstands.
>=====================
>I'm no expert, but doesn't that apply only to "stock" cars?  How about hot
>rodded cars with big blocks, lumpy cams, multiple carbs and farily open
>exhausts without catalytic convertors?

Actually,  I think pre '74 cars don't have to go thru the inspection process
now, so they don't know what mods you have.  Unless you get a ticket as a
"gross polluter" (cars motoring down the highway with smoke belching out the
back) in which case you do have to be inspected.

>>>Oh yeah, oh yeah, well, I can't remember the last time we had a good
knock
>>>down drag out riot here.  Or a good earthquake.  Or freeway shootings.

And how long ago were the riots here?  And 6 years or so since a "good"
earthquake.  And when was the last time you heard about freeway shootings?
These things are really quite rare occurances, not yearly like midwest
weather problems.  Yes, we still get drive-bys in some areas.  And I believe
the loss of life to earthquakes is far less than to tornadoes.   Just trying
to dispell some of the stereotypes.

Now if you want to talk about traffic, you got me there.  It really SUCKS.

>They have tornadoes on the coasts.  But their tornadoes have lots of water

Not on our coast......

But hey, not trying to say us'n is better than you'n.  The differences in
the people and places and our freedom to give each other a hard time about
it and visit each other is part of  what make this country great.

Rick Brown
GT2/AP 240Z