Re: Tow Q's: V6Nissan/V8Ford

To: "Team. Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tow Q's: V6Nissan/V8Ford
From: Tommy Regan <tommy_regan@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 19:56:36 -0800 (PST)
I'd tow with the Ford.  The chassis, brakes, and tranny are much
better (or should be) suited to deal with heavy loads and the extra
heat they generate.  Not to mention the extra wheelbase and tow
vehicle weight are nice to have.  But, how much did you say the
car/trailer combo weighs?

Tommy
'95 GMC tower
'87 Mustang towie

---Oasis3223@aol.com wrote:

> I have a Nissan extended Cab  6 cyl truck,  160 HP,  with which I
usually tow
> my 300lb car/trailer. No problems, tows fine.
> But... everyone say... you cant tow that uch with that 'little
truck"  (they
> are big truck people).  I argue that I have mnore power with my
lighter Nissan
> 6cyl than my 91 Ford Super Cab  with  a 302..... both "feel " about
the same
> towing.
> Which is the better tow vehicle?  The Nissan has 180K on it, runs
like new,
> the Ford 86 K, runs like new.
> Am I OK to tow with the little Nissan?  Or should I use the gas
guzzling 302
> super cab?
> Bob

==