Shocks, Adjustment Of. (Weenie Free!)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Shocks, Adjustment Of. (Weenie Free!)
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 11:43:32 -0500
So I now have this nifty-keen set of bright yellow Koni single-adjustables
stuffed into my wheelwells.

Aside from being pretty, they have this knob-thingy on them that (if I can
believe the owner's manual) I can use to adjust them from Full Soft to Full
Firm.

Yippie. Great. And There Was Much Rejoicing.

Except that my first race of the season is the Ft Meyers Pro, and I have NO IDEA
how to tune these suckers. Not to mention that this is my first time on the new
g-force tires, and all my hard-won R1 air pressure tuning knowledge from last
season is now out the window.

So I'm soliciting some advice from those who have done this before. If you had
tires you'd never run on before, and adjustable Konis you never had before, and
you were about to embark on a great mission of discovery on how the two
interreact, how would you set up the car? How yould you attempt to solve a push
or a loose condition if the initial setup revealed one?

Throw me a bone guys!

DG

(BTW, for my fellow P2 competitiors: After you've all finished beating me into a
bloody pulp next weekend, could I at least get a kiss?)