Re: D Stock BMW 318ti

To: Scott & Glenda Meyers <autox@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: D Stock BMW 318ti
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 14:12:31 -0700
Scott & Glenda Meyers wrote:

> Eric Linnhoff wrote:
> >
> > BTW,
> > I've been feverishly looking for a used BMW 318ti hatchback to campaign in
> > DS.  I think it could be competitive, even with less power, due to it's RWD
> > design and excellent BMW handling.
>
> Um, check the 1997 SCCA Solo 2 National results.
>
> Note the place earned by the single BMW 318ti.
>
> Note who drove it. He drove it very well by the way.
>
> Save your money, and spend it on the Neon.
>
> Take two aspirin, call me in the morning.

        Seven tenths behind first and took 4th? Sounds like potential to me.
Seven tenths back at the 1998 nationals would have netted 2nd place. I'd
say that if the 318ti can do that well against the Neon hordes, then it
does have what it takes.

        Just don't expect to get a whole lot of contingency money compared to
Chrysler...

        I'm waiting for when something other than a Neon wins D-Spec. Or
something other than a Miata in B-Spec.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/