ECLIPSE REACTION 2

To: autocross list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: ECLIPSE REACTION 2
From: BRUBEL51@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 20:49:44 EST
I have received varied responses to the Eclipse Reaction as I figured I would,
most responses were from current Eclipse owners, and I can see that there is a
concern that in fact the car is an overdog...If any of you read the results
from the Pro in Ft. Myers you will see that the GS Eclipse driven by John
McIver ( John is a good driver taking nothing away from him) was significantly
faster than the ES Neon driven by Steve Brollier  ( GS time 73.530, ES time
74.919  diff. 1.4 sec)  DS 74.303 and Mark Chiles finished 2nd in DS, CS
75.843,  SS 74.955.  How can the prior arguments substantiate a GS car having
such better times.
Well we shall wait and see how this vehicle sizes up at the future Pro Events
and at the national events.
As a side, my statement about contingency dollars dealt with this vehicle not
being classed in the Pro Series against the Neons,   Just wondering about
that?  Apparently the Eclipse is a superior vehicle off the line to all the
stock class vehicles and on a short Pro Solo course it would be faster than
the Neon  ( what about the contingency dollars then).