RE: Why I bought what I did (was:New car classifications)

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Why I bought what I did (was:New car classifications)
From: "Miller, Don" <MillerD2@idhw.state.id.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 07:38:01 -0700
I was racing a poorly driven 87 Vette (I was the poor driver) and got beat
by a Neon at my first Autocross 4 years ago. I said if you can't beat them
join them. The one thing I did not know was Cal craner was driving and he is
very good in the car. I bought my Neon without even driving it first. Now
after 3 seasons I can compete for overall PAX and that makes me feel good.
Now changing to a different car. Going the Mod route with a 68 Datsun
Roadster with a 300ZX Turbo motor in it. Oh well, time to learn again.

Don Miller TLS #8
68 Datsun Roadster

>Btw, totally different topic, the folks at Chrysler oughta look at why I
>bought the car I did.
>
>First, rented a couple neons and they didn't suck too bad even though they
>were base models and autos.
Same with me.  I got to rent two different Neons while my old piece, a
Hyundai Elantra, was in the shop.  Those few days sold me, but good!