Re: SP rules and ESP Clarification

To: richj50@bit-net.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SP rules and ESP Clarification
From: "Jeffrey Lloyd" <jslz3@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 13:38:56 PST
Obviously In the Z28 world Torque (or area under the curve) Dosent
exist, and peak hp is the only judge of a motors performance. Right?
Peak HP means just that peak, for one fraction of a second.. Anyone who
has autocrossed, which I think One or two of us on this list have..
Knows Peak hp means Crap, coming out of a corner if the motor makes No
Torque your cursing..  Sorry I just am tired of the whining.. and
besides if you think a Lt1 Z28 modded to the *limit* of the rules can
only make 290 hp you need to talk to an engine builder that SAME motor
in a Vette makes 300hp stock exaust alone can give those cars 15-20 peak
hp.. and I don't think 400hp was a rear wheel number anyway

Jeff
(Flame suit on)