Re: SD Tour..GS Type R's

To: tasmith@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: SD Tour..GS Type R's
From: Mtnman3620@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 20:31:04 EST
In a message dated 3/22/99 8:23:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tasmith@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< The Saturday course clearly favored the Type R with many straights
 including a tight first gear turn followed by a long uphill straight. >>

Just a quick question from an interested observer in the east--Why is it that
this type course (fast) is so favored by the type-Rs?  Wouldn't the torque of
the audi or eclipse beat the living daylights out of the Type R up off the
tight corner?  I don't know--just seemed a little contradictory to me.

Daniel Ledford