Ft. Worth National Tour

To: Autocross Mail List <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ft. Worth National Tour
From: Bud Collins <bud63@cris.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 04:17:20 -0600
If you haven't sent in your entry yet for the Fort Worth Texas National
Tour at the Texas Motor Speedway, get going!!!!   You don't want to miss
this one.  Roger  "the real"  Johnson  has designed yet another
phenomenal
course that will be fun and challenging. (Remember last year's
National's
North Course?)   The Saturday Social featuring BBQ, beer and band will
be
in one of the huge NASCAR garages inside the Speedway.   Great location,
great site, great course, great competition, great meal, great weather,
what more could you want?

Well, I'll tell you what more you could want.  You could want to drive
your
own car on the Texas Motor Speedway oval.  We've arranged with TMS to
have
Pace Car laps on the track from 4-7pm on Friday and from close of
competition-7pm on Saturday.  The pace car will lead groups of 20 cars
for
3 laps on the oval.  The oval is 1.5 miles, the turns have a 750 foot
radius, 24-degree banking with 5-degree banking in the straights.
Sounds
like fun, huh?  IT IS!!  Tour entrants can sign up for the lapping
sessions
for only $15 per session.  We're offering these sessions to the public
so
email us at bud63@cris.com or lynnc@flash.net and tell us what day and
time
you want to do your session before they get filled up.

A professional photographer will be there to take photographs of the
Tour
competition and he's also going to offer something for the lap
participants, probably photos of car and driver in the TMS Victory
Circle
or maybe the cars on the track, I'm not really sure.

We've got the schedule and other info our website:
 www.autocross.com/texasregion .

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Lynn Clark

P.S.   You guys from up north - come down out of the cold.  It's not
that
far, we're in NORTH Texas.

--
Visit  http://www.autocross.com  for the best Autocross info on the Web