Newbie Alert (aka Dumb Question coming)

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Newbie Alert (aka Dumb Question coming)
From: Charles Gardner <Charles@Comp-magic.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 19:44:06 -0500
Hello, all!

OK, I am new to autocrossing, but I've been reading this list for a while and I
want to ask a question.  Now I know this could stir up some controversy, but I
am looking for the opinions of people with more experience than I have.

Right now I have a pickup that I'm going to sell off, and I want to buy
something inexpensive to use as a daily knock around and an autocross car.  My
experience is minimal, so I figure it wouldn't take too much of a car to be
beyond my skills at this point.

I've always had a sweet spot for the Datsun 280Z, but I don't know how
appropriate it would be even if I could find one.  I'd be most appreciative of
any suggestions, advise, etc.

Thank you,
    Charles Gardner, MCSE+I, MCT, CNE
    Network Engineer