Re: DSM Problem

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: DSM Problem
From: Dave Geis <davegeis@feist.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 12:12:54 -0600
> Mtnman3620@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Sunday at a local warm-up event, I was coming through a left-hand sweeper at
> > speed (~40-45mph) when a HUGE 'shuddering' occurred, like the tire was
>rolling
> > over
>
> I've noticed a couple of times on the old R1s that if I drastically overdrove
> corner, I'd get this nasty judder as I dragged a plowing tire across the track
> surface.

Another thing to consider - not enough rebound in the front shocks.
Since they're right in front of me, I used to see the inside front tire
bouncing on long sweepers. As they were gripping/slipping at the limits
of adhesion, the shock didn't have enough rebound to push the tire back
down. New shocks with more rebound, no more bouncing.

--
Dave Geis - #25 FM  1982 Morton Formula Vee
Who needs a roof?...or doors...or lights...or fenders...