Re: G-Force wear

To: Paul and Meredith Brown <racers@rt66.com>
Subject: Re: G-Force wear
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 22:55:08 -0700
We have 28 runs on our G-forces so far, 12 on the long course at SD
Tour, and 16 on a 67 second course on concrete in Tucson.  Every bit of
the tread design is still clearly visible, making us think we haven't
yet really scratched the surface regarding tire wear, bad pun intended.

We are running the 225-50-15's all around, and have heard that they are
lasting much longer on Miatas than the 205-50-15's.  Even with that
said, however, we are seriously looking at testing the 205's to get
better gearing.  If this current tire wear, which appears to be
exceptional, takes a hit, that still might be worth it.  At the rate we
are going I think the current tires in the 225 size will easily outlast
the old 230's for us.  I wouldn't mind if the 205 size reduced that life
somewhat.  I'm looking for speed.  The fact that the current 225's seem
so far indestructable is just a nice side-benefit.

If I had a picture of Dave Saunders with Monica Lewinsky I'd use it to
blackmail him to produce a 225-45-15.

--Byron