Re: ProSolo Multiple Drivers Question

To: Dave Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Subject: Re: ProSolo Multiple Drivers Question
From: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 10:46:11 -0800

You can do what you describe.

L1 and L2 are the 'Ladies' classes in the Open class.  Just 2 of the 31
allowable classes.  L1 is a totally different class than AS or FS or
ES...but you can run one of those cars in L1.

All this is trying to say is that they may grid (run) you with the
coresponding open class if there are a few people in your car.  They would
do this in order to keep the event running smoothly.  Just a disclaimer
really.

I think, if you were to MAXIMIZE the drivers in one car at a Pro, you could
do 8 people:
2 Pro, but only one can make the Challenge
2 Pro Ladies,  but only one can make the Challenge
2 Open
2 Ladies Open

Maybe this is wrong but who would do that??????

AB

   Can 3 drivers share a car at a ProSolo, with 2 in a NationalSeries
'open' class, and the third in L1 or L2?

   I have my '99 ProSolo rulebook in front of me, and I'm still not sure.

   Section 11.A Entry and Registration says;

     2. Drivers may only enter in one class per event.  Additionally, a
     car may be driven by no more than two drivers in the same class,
     except for ProSeries blah blah blah.

   Section 7.D NationalSeries Classes indicates that there are 31
classes, and L1 and L2 are classes just like AS and FS, for example.

   If that is correct, I think the answer to my question is yes.

   I was fine until I got to Section 11.G NationalSeries Two-Driver Teams;

     The following are rules for a NationalSeries two-driver team
     sharing the same car in the same class.  If there are two drivers
     in a car ( ie in a specific class *and the corresponding ladies
     class* ) the grid position will be at the discretion of event
     officials.

   The emphasis on the corresponding ladies class bit is mine, because
that is where I'm getting lost.  If there are 31 classes, including L1 and
L2, there isn't really a corresponding ladies class for each open class.

   And Section 11.E Run Order specifies L1 and L2 as distinct classes,
just like 7.D.  Is L1 *really* a seperate class from, say, AS?

   Does it depend on whether or not the Ladies class in quetion is grouped
with the open class in 11.E?  That would help us, but doesn't seem fair.
( Only SS, and STU are grouped with L1. )

   This should be fairly simple, but confusion reigns.  Can someone
'splain this to me?  Thanks.

--
 D a v i d  H i l l m a n
 nma, scca, scscc, imoc