Re: Removing the rear wing

To: "Steve Hoult" <stevehoult@home.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Removing the rear wing
From: "David Hawkins" <otgrouch@twosrus.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 23:26:34 -0500
>1. I know I can change the exhaust from the cat back as long as I meet
sound
>requirements. Can I also remove the cat. I had read somewhere that they
were
>changeing the rules for turbocharged cars to disallow removing the cat.
Does
>this include supercharged cars and does this take effect this year or next?

It's just a proposal, and I don't expect it to get passed without a HUGE
fight.
As it was written, it was turbo cars only.  You're free to do what I'm
planning
on the 85, which is a TRD header to a SuperTrapp right out the middle in the
back.

>2. Can I remove the rear wing? It was an option although all known North
>American SC's had them, it was listed as an option

According to my 1988 Brochure, the Aerodynamic Spoiler Package was
a standard item on all SC cars.  That being the case, and with the SC being
on its own line in the rule book, the wing has to stay.  It doesn't weigh
that
much.

>3. Can I move the battery from the rear to the front?

You sure can, just not into the passenger compartment.

David Hawkins
93 Mr2 Turbo ASP
85 Mr2 CSP/ITA
Gulf Coast Region Solo II Co-chair