PSI perplexions cont'd...

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: PSI perplexions cont'd...
From: drpepper <drpepper@nacs.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 04:07:09 -0400
What a great list! Thanks for all the replies about PSI. I have questions
based on the answers received thus far:

>A 7 gallon tank will raise all four of my tires, 245/40/17f  275/35/18r from
>40 to 46 psi at 55 degrees F.

Is there some sort of formula to determine how much/many times you can add
air? I'm assuming it is based on PSI, temp, and humdity.

>Spend the extra left over money on a good tire guage.  Hint: Not the type
>sold at most chain auto parts stores.

What are good gauges? What should I look for and how much should I expect
to pay?

>Does anyone know of decent calibration services for air gauges?

I'm a newbie to the land of the cone but, wouldn't calibration be sorta
subjective? If your gauge is "off" but you are running fine wouldn't you
just use those numbers the gauge gives you since you have no objective
real-time comparison. Kinda like looking at a temp on the evening news, you
know they measure it somewhere other than out your front window, but unless
you have a outdoor thermometer you except it.

>I have a generic air bottle that I fill at my tire dealer or the event site

Do you have to pay for this? I'm sure that some places might get sick of
seeing me pull up with my big red bottle every weekend. I'm also assuming
that you empty the container fully after every event? How do you keep/get
moisture out of the tank?

Thank for the responses so far!
Ed George
drpepper@nacs.net
NeOhio, Akron SCC
'94 Duster #29 GS

PS - (next i'll be asking how to covertly sabotage eclipse's and talon's so
my car doesn't look as pathetic! :-)  jk.