RE: Texas NT & the SO class

To: Su Brude <sbrude@email.msn.com>, "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Texas NT & the SO class
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 18:28:29 -0700
Wow, what I'm finding amazing is that, although Su and I did talk (nice
meeting you, Su!), I can't even remember us talking about the S.O. class!

This is, to me, even MORE proof that this class is high in demand.

Again, let me restate the guidelines:

The significant other class is unlimited to gender, experience behind the
wheel, driving ability, seriousness, involvement in the sport, so on and so
forth. Technically, nothing changes, but now the Ladies class is open to
both genders. Every email I read about this contains text pondering the
significance of defining one's competitiveness or seriousness in autox for
eligibility in the SO class. This isn't about that. We're just letting MEN
run in the Ladies class! Why is this so difficult?

It's like some team.net readers are trying to qualify the SO class. You
can't do that. Why, really, even Gary Thomason, if he so desired, would be
eligible for the SO class (I'm just calling it SO because we have yet to
determine a better name). George Doganis, could, if he really wanted to, run
in the SO class. Whoa, talk about upping the ante!

Personally, I'll run Open. I've run Ladies for a really, really long time,
but there are more entrants in Open. It's easier to gauge my improvement (or
its opposite). On the other hand, if it appears more drivers are switching
to SO, then I'll run there as well, since it is my CHOICE.

How come, when granted the same opportunity for choice that we ladies have
had all this time, now you men are freaking out in confusion? Now you want
all this clarification. You want definitions. Why are you so picky?

I still think we need a good name for this class, because, as Sandy and I
have already stated, although competing in BS and BSL, we are NOT
significant others, merely cozmic twins. Should we just have a class for
cozmic twins? I ask the forum to think about this.

On a slightly more serious note: can we PUHLEASE leave the psychological and
physiological differences between men and women OUT of this discussion. I am
soooo very tired of reading, "For some reason, women, in general, are slower
than men." Ohhhhh barf. There are a LOT more men slower than men than there
are women.

For example, in B Stock, there were around 50 men slower than George
Doganis, but only 11 women.

That's right. As you move down the list, the men in B Stock just get slower
and slower. Yet, we leave these people alone.

No one has ever said, "Most men aren't as fast as George Doganis. I don't
know WHY that is. Perhaps we can think of something to redress this
inbalance. I don't know how, but it's certainly worth discussing."

Thank you. I close for now.

Katie

P.S. If you're still going to debate this with me... ay ay ay.