Re: Why smaller wheels in Prepared?

To: "Jan Schmidt" <jschmidt@kumc.edu>
Subject: Re: Why smaller wheels in Prepared?
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 20:47:04 -0700
>Hello list
>I have pondered this  very question myself. Wouldnt it be neat if SP wheel
rules were the same as the Prepared? Then if you raced  your car in SP for a
couple of years and decided to jump to P you would already have the correct
wheels and wouldnt have to spend another grand for a new set of wheels. This
would help bring back a little economy into our"grassroots" sport. If you
retired from autocrossing you would have both the P and SP group to sell
your used wheels to. Same thing if you continued to autocross but got a
different car. Pardon my economy mindset, my motto is"budget racing"
although I am sure I didnt invent this Phrase.
>Bill Schmidt cs rx7 KC region
=======================
Simple enough Bill.  Just buy the appropriate Prepared class legal wheels
and run 'em in SP.  Nobody's making the SP guys buy those gawd awful wide
wheels.  (unless they really wanna win.  ;^)

Why change the rules when there's already a provision that let's you buy
whatever size wheels you want to in SP?

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

I'm your vehicle baby
I'll Take you anywhere you want to go
I'm your vehicle woman
By now I'm sure you know
That I Love you (love ya),  I Need you (need ya),
I want to, got to have your child
Great God in heaven you know I love you
"Vehicle" by The Ides of March