Re: Drove an Elise

To: <jamies@mrj.com>
Subject: Re: Drove an Elise
From: "George Ryan" <quad4fiero@webzone.net>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 06:22:06 -0500
Jamie Sculerati wrote about the "New Fiero"

> <snip>
>
> That's it -- add weight and put a wheezy GM 4-banger in it.  Just so long
as
> they don't claim kinship with anything Lotus -- Colin Chapman will hit
> redline in his grave.

Sounds like jealousy to me.

Just for info, the '88 chassis on the Fiero was designed by Lotus - - - -

> <snip>
>
> The last 4-cyl Fiero (which was all there was when I was looking)
convinced
> me to buy Honda....  I wouldn't take bets on this one changing that

I would.

Try driving a bone stock (except for a bone stock Quad 4 HO engine)
four cylinder street daily driven Fiero. You just might turn your bent up
nose the other way.

It sounds to me that the new Fiero is somewhat like what I have just
described, except 10 years more modern. Fiero was to be built in '89
with the Quad 4 (that is why they were racing them in GTU, etc) and
actually put a few prototypes on the street before GM killed its young,
as usual. (BTW - - this is what allows me to have the 2.3 Q4 engine in
GT and Prepared legally)

As a side note - - - Gawd, are the "new" Fiero's ugly, at least compared
to the "old" Fiero's  - - -