Re: New Colorado National Tour date

To: TeamZ3@aol.com
Subject: Re: New Colorado National Tour date
From: Iain Mannix <mannix@privateI.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 14:47:08 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 6 May 1999 TeamZ3@aol.com wrote:

> In case anyone hasn't checked the SCCA Solo2 schedule site lately:
>
> August 14 & 15 at Loveland Dog Track in Loveland, CO
>
> Looks to be halfway between Denver, CO and Cheyenne, WY

Yes - it is 45 miles from the intersection of I-25 and I-70(give or
take a couple).  The Cloverleaf Kennel Club is just off the highway at
Exit 257.  There are a few hotels at that exit, some more in Fort
Collins, about 15 minutes north, as well as some fast food, a Factory
Outlet type mall, some other amenities.  It is a tad less convenient
than Stapleton, as it is in the middle of a field(about half way
between Denver and Cheyanne is accurate;), but there are decent
facilities within sight, and Fort Collins a short drive north.

I'll post a list of hotels/numbers when I have them(Monday, I hope).
Surface is asphalt, unsealed, seems fairly grippy, but the site is
"known" to be a bit dusty.  Roughly 1400x700', some light poles,
spaced 275' apart - it is a decent site, and we're glad to be able to
host the Tour for 99.

I believe we missed the deadline for the next SportsCar,
unfortunately, but hopefully, through posting here, all the hotel
info can be had.  The Rocky Mountain Solo Series has not run there,
but we'll hold a local event June 13 - clubs which have run there say
the surface is quite good, even if a bit dusty.  It should be a good
event - we just confirmed it in the past few days(barely), so not much
in the way of parties & the like have been scheduled, but we're
working on it!

Iain Mannix
Colorado Region