Re: bleeding brakes

To: <Smokerbros@aol.com>, <Matthew_Gent-EMG030@email.mot.com>,
Subject: Re: bleeding brakes
From: "Steve Hoult" <stevehoult@home.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 08:08:37 -0500
>Matthew Gent writes:
>
>> I'm in the market for a brake bleeder.  I'm tired of doing it the
two-person
>>  manual way.  I've heard of 3 types:
>>
>>  1-air pressure on top of the m/c forces it through
>>  2-hand pump sucks from each individual line
>>  3-check valve on individual line allows one person to pump the pedal
>>
>>  What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?  Which is most
popular?

>#3 isn't bad, but still involves pumping the pedal.  So, you have to pump
it
>a few times, run around and look for bubbles, go back, etc.

I've only tried one and three. One only works if you have the right
adapter/mount.

For me, #3 works great. I have a bottle that hangs off a magnetic mount with
a clear tube that goes over the speedbleeder. I open one bleeder and sit in
the car with my head hanging out and under the car. This way I can see the
tube and bottle. Works great for all four corners. I just have to remember
to fill the master cylinder before it runs out! For about $25 total cost it
can't be beat.

Steve Hoult  '89 SC   ASP 9   Flat Duck Racing
Visit the MR2 SC Registry at www.mr2sc.com