Want a new old autocross car

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Want a new old autocross car
From: "Jack Levy" <jack@cocoinc.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 23:18:08 -0400
I own a Porsche 914  and a Triumph Spitfire which I've been working on so I
can start autocrossing, the problem is if I fix one thing something else
breaks. So I figured I'd look for something not to expensive but a little
more reliable, cheaper to work on and with plenty of aftermarket goodies.
I've considered early MR2s, 2nd generation RX7s and 80s Z28s. I don't
particulary like Nissan 260 or 280s as they always are full of rust. Any
other worthwhile candidates in that price range (1500 to 4000) I know it's
not much but I would eventually like to race the 914 and have a Spitfire
with a full cage and fiberglass in the works, don't know what class it will
be in though, the only engine mod is a header, but it is stripped and
flared.

Jack