Re: ABS

To: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>, "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>,
Subject: Re: ABS
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 10:22:41 -0500
>>Certainly none of the FWD cars I've competed in needed more than a
kiss on
>>the brake pedal (and often not that) to get the rear end to rotate --
>>trailing throttle oversteer is much easier to induce with FWD than
often
>>assumed.  As painful experience has taught me.... :)
>

>Depends on the car and how prepared and balanced it is.  My stock '95
Tracer
>absolutely positively will not oversteer.  I have to stab the brakes
quite
>hard while entering a turn just to swing it around slightly.
========================
I'll bet good money I can get your Tracer to swing it's tail around.
;^)

If you've got adjustable rear shocks, adjust 'em.  If you can, get a
larger rear bar or a rear bar period.  If you've got rear tires, adjust
the pressure higher (above 40 psi) or lower (30 psi and below) to make
the car oversteer slightly.

Tire pressure adjustment alone can usually make almost any FWD car have
a slight oversteering attitude.

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Mustang Sally,
guess you better slow your Mustang down.
"Mustang Sally" by Wilson Pickett