Re: "ZX2 S/R"...anybody seen one?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "ZX2 S/R"...anybody seen one?
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 09:46:53 -0400
It'll be interesting to see what happens, that much is certain.  There are
precedents either way.  The BMW M3 Lightweight, for example is not allowed
in Stock, whereas the standard M3 is.  After seeing a couple of these run, I
say it's a good call - they haul!  Plus the fact that there are less than
500 in the U.S., falling under that "over 1000 units" guideline.  However,
it could be argued that the Neon ACR is the same idea.  Both are specialized
purpose-built street legal racers.  The Neon is simply a lot more common and
far less expensive.  Personally, I think the ZX-2 S/R is much closer
performance wise to a Neon ACR than an M3, stock or otherwise.  All the
opinions I've seen from you so far on both sides make sense.  It's about
time Ford hopped on the sport compact bandwagon, even if they are many years
too late.

    - Justin
      '95 Mercury Tracer (daily driver)
      '83 BMW 320i ST