Re: a question

To: rnichol1@san.rr.com, mlc4@psu.edu, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: a question
From: Hottvr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 19:48:17 EDT
I forgot something I did last year that is kind of unorthodox. When walking
the course
if I saw a section that I though might cone-fuse me at speed I would set on
the ground and look at it. This started because I started autox in a Formula
Ford.
The first ten events or so I was always leaving the course(DNF). I realized
that
walking being over 6' feet tall gave me a distorted picture of what I would
really
see. In the Formula car with my butt 2 inches off of the ground at 65mph
everything
looks different than when you walk it. I found out that walking and sitting
down on
the course reduced the "Sea of cones" factor greatly. I'm not saying that it
will work for you but sometimes just do what makes you feel better prepared.

Mike B. TLS#1